Current Economic Data
Current BLUE; Data BETTER or WORSE than expected
saar = Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate
Release Date Data Series Importance
A - D
Previous Value Expected Value Actual Value 12-Month Change Chart   Interest Rates, past 2-1/2 years Treasury Yield Curve 11/3 ISM Manufacturing Index - Oct A 56.6 56.0 59.0 +2.6 11/3 Construction Spending - Sep C -0.8% +0.6% -0.4% +2.9% 11/3 Auto & Lt Truck Sales, saar Sep B 16.4M 16.6M 16.5M +7.0% 11/4 Total Factory Orders - Sep D -10.1% -0.7% -0.6% +1.9% 11/4 Int'l Balance of Trade - Sep D -$40.1B -$40.7B -$43.0B 11/5 ISM Non-Manufacturing Index - Oct B 58.6 58.0 57.1 +1.7 11/6 Wkly Init Unempl Claims 11/1 C 287K 283K 278K 279K 4-wk avg 11/6 Unit Labor Costs Q3 C -0.1% +0.8% +0.3% +3.6% 11/6 Non-Farm Productivity Q3 C +2.3% +1.5% +2.0% +2.3% 11/7 Unemployment Rate - Oct A 5.9% 5.9% 5.8% -2.4% 11/7 Non-Farm Payrolls - Oct A 256K 240K 214K +2.6M 11/7 Non-Farm Private Payrolls - Oct A 244K 235K 209K +2.5M 11/7 Average Hrly Earnings - Oct C +0.0% +0.2% +0.1% 11/7 Average Hrs Worked/Wk - Oct C 34.6 34.6 34.6 +0.2 11/14 Total Retail Sales - Oct A -0.3% -0.3% +0.3% +4.1% 11/14 Retail Sales excl Autos C -0.2% -0.2% +0.3% +3.3% 11/14 UM Consumer Sent - Nov prelim B 86.9 87.5 89.4 +14.8 11/16 Wkly Init Unempl Claims 11/6 C 278K 280K 290K 4-wk avg 11/17 Capacity Utilization - Oct B 79.2% 79.3% 78.9% +2.2% 11/17 Industrial Production Index - Oct B +0.8% +0.2% -0.1% +4.0% 11/18 Producer Price Index, sa - Oct A -0.1% -0.2% +0.2% +1.8% 11/19 Building Permits, saar - Oct B 1031K 1040K 1080K +1.2% 11/19 Housing Starts, saar - Oct B 1038K 1025K 1009K +7.8% 11/20 Wkly Init Unempl Claims C 290K 285K 4-wk avg 11/20 Existing Home Sales, saar Oct B 5.17M 5.17M 11/20 Consumer Price Index, seas adj - Oct A +0.1% -0.1% 11/20 CPI Core Rate, seas adj B +0.1% +0.1% 11/20 Conference Board Leading Economic Index - Sep B +0.8% +0.6% 11/26 New Home Sales, saar - Oct B 467K 11/27 Wkly Init Unempl Claims C 264K 283K 283K 281K 4-wk avg 10/28 CB Consumer Confidence - Oct C 86.0 86.8 94.5 22.3 10/28 Case-Shiller Home Price Index, sa - Aug C -0.5% +0.1% -0.1% 10/28 Durable Goods Orders - Oct B -0.5% +0.1% -0.1% +5.6% 10/28 Durable Goods Orders, excl Transp C +0.7% +0.5% -0.2% +7.2% 10/30 GDP Change - apr - Q3 1st B +4.6% +3.0% +3.5% +2.3% 10/31 Personal Income - Sep C +0.3% +0.3% +0.2% +4.1% 10/31 Personal Consumption Expend C +0.1% +0.1% +0.3% +1.5% 10/31 UM Consumer Sent - Oct final B 86.4 86.4 86.9 +13.7 10/31 Employment Cost Index, NOT apr - Q2 C +0.7% +0.5% +0.7 +2.2% Martin Capital Advisors, LLP is not responsible for the accuracy of the data contained in any of these charts or indicators. This information is provided for informational purposes only.
Martin Capital Advisors, LLP
100 Congress Avenue, Suite 2000
Austin, Texas 78701
(512) 477-7036
Martin Capital Advisors, LLP
3463 Magic Drive, Suite 100
San Antonio, TX 78229
(210) 694-2100
Copyright © 2000 Martin Capital Advisors, LLP.
All rights reserved.